Wednesday 14 September 2011

Trapped In A World Of Skinny Bitches and Haters

This is my third blog, therefore I am under no illusion of how to run these things or that what I say can and will be used against me. In my life I am quite blessed in that I have a best friend who runs a well known fashion blog and takes me on all the events she is invited to. Now, I am grateful and I do enjoy these things however, like most over weight fashionistas, I am fully at the end of my tether with the fashion world and it's anorexic tendencies. You can say that fashion is progressive all you like but the fact of the matter is fat people are still regarded as a joke that ruin fashion for everyone else.
I like to think I look good in what I wear, why else would I wear it other wise? I have a good hour glass shape, I have fat arms and a stomach that perpetually looks pregnant. A round face the moon would be jealous of and legs that would rival a rugby players but I have had 20 years to come to terms with these facts and yet despite the fact that fashion has been around as long as basically dinosaurs so why hasn't it 'progressed' to fat acceptance? I am fed of for comments like "She has such a pretty face, if she lost some weight she would be more beautiful" and "She's lucky she has big boobs to distract from the rest of her."
This world is unfair and goes up in arms when some one makes a comment of someone being too thin but when a fat person gets a comment like that it's regarded as banter and just a joke.
I am quite frankly bored of this nonsense. So expect lots of rants like this one and a load of photos of me and my fashion choices.
You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment